Sunday, January 10, 2016

2016 Joi@RR WORD - Henri Matisse Inspired

=========
===============
==================
======================
========================

HOWDY to ALL you Sweet Creation Makers!!!

Here is my last Henri Matisse inspired art work.  

I have never chosen a "word" for the year before... 
and I wasn't going to do it this year either!
UNTIL it became a project for the Creative Jump Start Workshop. 

Here is a link to N*Studio for info on CJS.

The problem was that I just couldn't think of one that really inspired me. I asked my best friend, I asked my hubby...
and still... there was just nothing.  Finally I looked in the dictionary while sitting in my chair one evening and FOUND IT!!! 
YES... it's a crazy word and I didn't even know how to say it. 
I listened to the audio pronunciation!!!!  
So here is a hint.... it sounds like Virgin! 

 I added other words to help me remember the meaning!

The "leaf" drawings are Henri Matisse type designs.

Here is the link to the Henri Matisse Pinterest Board from Creative Jump Start if you are curious to see some of his work.


I began with a piece of canvas that already had some paint on it. 

The Creative Jump Start teacher/artist for this project is:
The workshop is entitled: InkyArtsy Alphabet. 

I wrote my word out by hand and painted it. 


Then I just began to follow the tutorial! 

Of course... I am a long way from creating the beautiful
InkyArtsy Alphabet that JoAnne Sharpe can create!
But... if you look at the word Florish... I was sorta getting it!! 
LOTS more practice needed!!!! 


Finally a finished project that will inspire me throughout 2016!




Thank you so much for sharing in my "word" of the year!

The word Burgeon is all about art for me. 
It would be thrilling if my paintings would...
improve, develop and bud.... causing my art to thrive, florish and prosper! What a blessing that would be for 2016.  

Hugs. j. 



==========================
=======================
====================
================
============

8 comments:

yyam said...

Very cool and artsy! LOVE the bold colours!
I hope your word inspires your art in 2016. :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely work, have fun with burgeoning through 2016, may you prosper bloom and grow! Hugs, Valerie

Astrid Maclean said...

Wow, fabulous!! Bold and beautiful, fantastic!!

Pamellia said...

Wow Joi, this is just so much fun!! It's like a touch of summer has just exploded into my living room with all those vibrant and fresh colours! Love your word choice, it really does encompass so many wonderful things and it works brilliantly as a word of the year. Even even half of those things were accomplished, I would say the year was completely successful!! I wish them all for you my friend!! big hugs :)

Cuchy said...

Cool lettering. So colorful!
I've had to look for your word. One more thing I've learnt today :)
Thanks for sharing and playing along with us in CJS

Words and Pictures said...

What a brilliant choice of word - and the explosion of colour really captures that feeling of growth and flourishing. Wonderful!
Alison xx

Nathalie Kalbach said...

What a great word you chose, I love it!!! and then I love how you did the fronds in those amazing colors and the lettering itself. Wonderful inspirational word piece!!! Love it!

sarascloset said...

Oh, Joi, I missed this one, and many more, I'm sure! but this is so inspiring! I wonder how big it is! I can see this sitting above your desk, inspiring your every painty, arty move! Love it! big hugs!