Saturday, February 20, 2016

LETTERS OF CREATIVITY Mixed Media Canvas



===============
====================
=========================
=============================
=================================

Hello to all of you creativity keepers out there! 
Hope your day is going well.  

This is DAY 4...
7 posts from 2015 in 7 days.  

Thanks bunches to Candy Colwell for nominating me to post. 

I hope you find all the little aspects of this CREATIVITY TYPOLOGY interesting. 


It began by covering the entire 2 ft x 2 ft canvas with newspaper!  Our local paper is so small that it barely covered the canvas.  Hubby works the crossword every day so it's there too - completely filled in!  LOTS of Typography of different types for the first layer.  



After adding several layers to the canvas of paint and paper scraps... I began the letters. 
Lots of the different products and techniques were used for them. 
Here are a few:
Stamping
Embossing
Fussy Cutting
Painting
Marking
Oil Pastels
Glitter
Journaling
Metal Foil
Embellishments
Chipboard 

The "E" and "Y" were done with the same type of technique so I included them in the same picture! 

 





The next letter was RAINBOWS!! Love the promises of rainbows. 





And here are some close-ups of all the letters.  It would be hard for me to say which one I like best.  They were all so fun to do and each described in a different way what CREATIVITY means to me! 


Here is the ACROSTIC for you:

C: Courage

R: Reinvent
E: Emotion
A: Art
T: Transform
I: Illuminate
V: Visionary
I: Imagination
T: Timeless
Y: YOU (and me!!)

































Thanks bunches and bunches for taking the time to read my description and peruse my pictures. 

And thank you for your comments. They just make my day!
My reply blogger reply button doesn't work but I read each one.

Hugs! joi  

============================
========================
=====================
==============
=======

5 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your creativity tree, and the meanings behind the words. Hugs, Valerie

Astrid Maclean said...

What an amazing colourful piece!! I absolutely love the concept behind it, and adore how you put it together, - those letters look amazing!! Would love to watch you creating!!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Another astonishing piece of art!
The idea of a creativity tree is so unique and I am sure I could study this each and every day and discover something new hidden with it.
Wishes
Lynne

Pawsitively Creative said...

This is genius and so bold and bright and Beautiful! You captured the essence of creativity at its finest. Love the tree in the background as well. Such an amazing mix of many different techniques. So lovely that you used the crosswords your DH filled out! Wowzers! Hugz. ~Niki

Larry V said...

Nicce blog you have