Wednesday, March 23, 2016

DecoArt Mixed Media Design Team - Gratefully Honored.



========
===========
==============
===================
=======================

 Howdy to all my artistic sweeties!!!

Yesterday a special announcement was made by:
DecoArt Inc. and now I get to share it with you!

So honored and grateful to be a part of the:
DecoArt Mixed Media International Design Team. 

THANK YOU DecoArt. 
I made a little color wheel thank you project - just for you!!
Thank you from my heart!


As most of you know... many years ago... I decided it was just easier to stop dreaming.  Somehow it made life more normal - more even keeled for me.  I learned to bloom where I was planted - find contentment in the moment and I was happy.

When I began painting, I saw all these projects that said DREAM and BELIEVE etc.  And sentiments (phrases) that encouraged dreaming and flying and conquering fears. But still... I held back on allowing myself to dream. 

Then, thru Tracy Weinzapfel Studios, I found DecoArt and completely fell in love with the paints and the people associated with the company.  I tried every type of paint out there - from the very expensive to the very inexpensive. DecoArt was and still is my favorite and especially the media line! 

The more I became familiar with the company, the more excited I got about all the products.  And then came the challenges - what??? They have challenges too - how incredible is that!!!!???? 

And that is when I began to DREAM.  But I didn't share it with anyone.... for a long long time.  And then one day, when I was writing a comment on Tracy Weinzapfel's blog... I admitted that I had a tiny dream. I did not tell her what it was though.  

What was that dream????  
Yep, you guessed it... to win a DecoArt challenge.
I DARED TO DREAM...
and even now as I say it... I have tears in my eyes.
Beyond my wildest imaginings.....
I WON a DecoArt challenge. 
And then.... dear me... I won another DecoArt challenge.
(And no - Tracy was not one of the judges - I promise!)
You have no idea how stunned I was by that time.

And now... the rest is history. 
I feel like no one on the planet could be more grateful for this opportunity than I (of course, that's not true - eheheheh) but my heart is just overflowing with deep deep gratitude.  

Yes - I admit - fear creeps in and tries to tell my I'm not good enough and I can't do this but you know what... I am taking those thoughts captive and replacing them with visions of the next project I will do for the DecoArt Mixed Media Blog!!!  


If you are not following the DecoArt Mixed Media Blog... 
click the link... you don't want to miss out!!! 

And here are some close up pictures of my 
THANK YOU DecoArt 
project! It was done in my (almost full) art journal. 


This was just done as a playful thank you to DecoArt so I didn't take process pictures. It wasn't even meant to be perfect or pristine. It was just done for fun out of my delight and excitement for this opportunity. It's just playing with the various DecoArt Media line acrylic paints - as you can see in the picture. 

Of course, DecoArt makes all sorts of different kinds of paints.  No need to limit yourself to the Media line at all.  Go explore all the possibilities and products they have at DecoArt.com.

I began with DecoArt Media Gesso - of course! Sometimes I used a mix of two colors or some DecoArt Media Tinting Base to make the color variations on the wheel.

If you look at the photo with the products in it you will so a syringe beside the DecoArt Media Liquid Glass.  Yes, I know - yucky syringe but out here on the ranch - it's just part of the life of a cow!!! I use the left overs in art work!!! Adding the paint color mixed from my color wheel to the syringe - it was then squirted to make the funky swirls around the outside of the color wheel.  Shimmery and shiny swirls!!! 

I also used the DecoArt Media Liquid Glass over the color wheel colors to add depth and bling to the colors of the color wheel. 

And the sentiment is so true for me... and for you, I bet...
"I found I could say with colors and shapes...
things I couldn't say any other way."

Today I am 'saying' thank you to DecoArt from my heart!








Thank you so much for stopping by! I sooo love your comments. 

And no worries, I will still use lots of other products too.  Mixed media is what I love and there are lots of wonderful products and brands that all fit together nicely to make wonderful ART!!

Congratulations to my sweet friend Brenda Brown who also became a DecoArt Media DT member yesterday too!!! 

Hugs. joi




=======================
===================
================
==============
==========

22 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

HUGE congratulations to you Joi, you deserve to be on the team, and I bet they are happy to have you. Glad you were able to follow your star and live your dream - keep going along that way! Hugs, Valerie

Fliss said...

Really amazing news Joi and sending you many, many congratulations. Looking forward to see your creations for Deco Art too.
Fliss xx

Brenda Brown said...

Yay Joi I am over the he moon with your news and what a lovely story behind it it full of hope and promise. Love your special make too how wonderful to celebrate all those wonderful colours. Looking forward to being part of and sharing the start of the DecoArt journey with you.
Huge hugs. Brenda xxxx

Juliz Design Post said...

Oh Joi, I am over the moon with excitement and congratulations for you at this creative journey coming true for you. It's simply wonderful news and so well deserved.
Great to read how your dream turned into reality.
Hugs, Julie x

Pamellia said...

WOW WOW WOW Joi!! Your page is beautiful, but your news is even more so!! I am just so so excited for you, and not at all surprised! You work pure magic with DecoArt products, and they would have been nuts not to choose you for their team!! Sending you big Happy Easter wishes my friend. hugs :)

SewPaperPaint said...

I could not be happier for you Joi! They made a wise move in selecting you as a designer. Your work with these paints is brilliant and such an inspiration! Biggest smiles and hugs! Autumn

charlotte fletcher@roma land woodcrafts said...

Sending beautiful thoughts to a glorious artist! Congratulations. May you be blessed as you touch the lives of others...happy creating with a happy heart!

Amy Martin said...

That's so awesome!!! Congratulations!!! You deserve it. I feel so close to your words. We all have a dream. And like you I too always fight with the I'm not good enough challenge if life. One day, I may too get to live my dream just like you and your words make me realize it can still happen. Thank you!!!! You inspire me to keep trying.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Yay...congrat to you!!! Well deserved! Your color wheel page is not only useful but wonderful!!!

Windkissed said...

Along with everyone else I offer congratulations. It does help to dream!
Lauri

experiments in paper said...

So well deserved, Joi - you and Brenda are awesome additions to the DecoArt team! Can't wait to see what you come up with!! Love your wheel, and the addition of the liquid glass is brilliant!! Congratulations!!! And WHOOO HOOOOO!!! xxx Lynn

Lys said...

Congratulations, Joi! For sure decoart paints are made for you! You're always right to follow your dreams. Watching your creations is a delight!

Brenda Brown said...

Just popped back again Joi as I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and leaving me such a lovely comment on my DecoArt news, I so appreciated it, you know I am just as happy for you too.
Happy Easter.
hugs Brenda xxx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Congratulations, Joi - that's an honour that's definitely deserved. I'm looking forward to seeing some fabulous new projects from your corner. Big hugs...xo

Words and Pictures said...

That's absolutely brilliant, Joi - huge congratulations! Can't wait to see where the journey takes you. We're working 2 - 11pm today so just time to dash round and wish you a happy Easter!
Alison x

Doreen said...

Oh wow Joi, I have only just seen this,many,many congratulations it couldn't go to a more worthy person.xxx

MaryH said...

Awesome color wheel with the wonderful sentiments! Congratulations on being selected to be on the DecoArt DT, but I can easily see why you've been asked. Somebody recognized your talent. I can't imagine you not feeling 'good enough' because your courage and sense of adventure shows through the work you've shared here.Not to mention your fantastic imagination. Can't wait to see what you will share while you're on the Team, and congratulations to this company as well as to yourself, for their recognizing that you'd be a big asset to their products! TFS & Hugs

Wilma Voermans said...

Just read the story here on your blog and it really made me smile that you can be so happy to win a challenge . You must be a sweet person ( but he, I already thought that about you ) . I am very happy you are at the team. Reading your post made me also think about myself . I got the opportunity to be at the team and I am too lazy to make anything. Two weeks holiday ahead , I am going behind it ...NOW . Have a great day Joi! xxx

Jackie PN said...

Just read your good news Joi! Congrats to you!! Have fun with this- I know you will!
Happy Easter blessings to you!
xoxo Jackie

Candy C said...

Hey Joi! I couldn't believe that I hadn't commented on this wonderful color wheel on your blog. I think I did on facebook...but no matter. I love this idea! So colorful and yet a useful piece of art. And I AM SO EXCITED for you for making the DecoArt Design Team. You will totally LOVE the people at DecoArt and they will love your art. I am always so blown away by your positive, uplifting comments that you leave, not only on my blog but on everyone's! You truly are such a sweet and special lady! Congrats my friend and thank you for your always sweet comments.

Pawsitively Creative said...

Ohhhhh Joi!!!! I am so very very happy and thrilled for you dearie! Happy dance commences now! Whoot whoot! They sure chose the right person for this job. Absolutely awesome sauce and amazeballs! You dared to DREAM, with one little spark of hope, you put yourself out there and look what happened? You won two, not one, but TWO DecoArt challenges with your beautiful designs! Never let that spark die muffin, never! Let the oaint flow and the creativity take you to heights unimaginable. Huge huge huge Hugz to you!!!!! ~Niki

sarascloset said...

Where have I been? Under a rock???! Well, sort of! HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!! This couldn't have been a better decision on the part of DecoArt. You are the DecoArt poster child! You, my dear, are a huge inspiration to so many, not just for your superb artwork, but for your wonderful, huge, warm heart! You are an amazing individual and share so much of yourself with so many people. Our world is such a better place because you are in it! Hugs hugs to you!