Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Patriotic Friendship Mixed Media Canvas

HOWDY from Joi@RR! 

Artsy Friendships

The world of artsy friendships is a tale untold. 
Our love and admiration is amazing to behold. 

There is no thought of color, ethnicity or creed. 
We are one in our creating; our inhibitions freed. 

Friendships across the world bind deep and stay true. 
Life is daily shared with artsy friends old and new. 

There are many different projects, methods and tools
But we stand united by comments and media pools. 

Hand in hand, we press forward to make creative art
Cherishing artsy friendships - so close to our heart. 

                                                               ©Joi@RR


I began this project early... first of LAST month....
thinking - WOW - I will be all ahead this month. 

However.... after finishing the project... I began to make the video I wanted to go with it... and boy did it become a horse of a different color!  Slow and steady wins the race - hehehheeh.  

Here is the link to the video.... it's far from perfect but it's FUN!   You can see the process and hear about the very important reason I did this project.  Hint: It was done for all of YOU!


Now if I can just learn how to relax and breathe - the next one might be better.  I sound breathless most of the time on it!!! 

Between working on a new website and working on videos - 
it has been a wild and crazy time for me.   
HELLO???? I am an artist... not a geek!!!!!!!!!  

I know many of you have felt the exact same way when working on these types of tasks. 

So here are finished photos... a month later - how time flies!




  







Lots of different mixed media products used as you can see in the picture. They are all explained in the video!  I did forget one product - the Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing Powder.

DecoArt and DecoArt Media Products

Faber Castell Pitt Pens

Archival Inks

Totally Tracy (Weinzapfel) Dare2BArtsy
 "Journal Quotes 1" Stamps

DecoArt Americana "Inspiration" Stencils

Dynasty Brushes


Thanks bunches for stopping by to see my creations! 

Let me know if you liked the video... 
sure hoping it made you smile a bit. 

Sending love and friendship to you all across the miles.  
Sing - Laugh - Live!!!  Xj. 


~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Happily sharing this project with: 



Friendship is a relationship of mutual affection between two or more people. We want you to show us a mixed media creation that's inspired by friendship. You can create anything, from tags to art journal pages but make sure it's a mixed media piece. Let's celebrate friendship together!

I truly cherish the friendships I have with all of my artsy friends across the world. You are my family as I watch you daily creating, sharing, overcoming, growing and inspiring.  You are awesome!

=====================================



My painting has a Vintage flare with it's patriotic theme, rustic painting techniques, the eagle and the statue of liberty - symbols of U.S. early heritage.  The globe - of course - is a circle! But also stacking the people on top of one another (as the picture portrays) reminds me of all my artsy friends circling the globe!!

=========================
===================
===============
===========
=====

8 comments:

Vintagehandmade said...

Woooow, Joi, this is a masterpiece of mixed media art! What a brilliant use of those wonderful Decoart products! Your globe is simply fantastic and I adore your amazing idea of creating people holding the globe in their hands! You never stop amaze me with your unique art! It's spectacular! I enjoyed watching your video! Bravo! Thank you so much for joining in our 'Friendship' challenge at Anything But Cute! Big hugs to you! Branka DT :)

Brenda Brown said...

I loved watching your canvas unfold Joi and all your thoughts and ideas exploded onto it and made it even more meaningful. You have such a beautiful heart and amazing talent and this piece encompasses those beautifully, thanks for sharing here and on your video, you did a great job with it xxx

Tracy Welham said...

Wow, wow, wow, this is incredible so much detail to drink in! A piece full of passion and compassion, I love it. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Jackie PN said...

Beautiful Joi! And I love the phrase you added!!
Hey, didn't you know that to be an artist today you have to be a tech geek as well? heehee When you figure it out, will you let me know as well? lol
hugs,Jackie

Jenny Marples said...

Oh wow Joi! You've put so much thought into creating this and I love the way it's come together. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

sarascloset said...

This is fabulous, Joi! So sorry I haven 't been around to see it and possibly others you have created. We've had technical issues and others of our own. I will need to come again to see the video, as my internet is sooooo slow right now! We are still trying to connect to the rest of the world here in Wilmington.

I love the canvas and your message behind it; AND your poem! Huge congratulations on being this month's winner at Anything But Cute! Sending hugs!

SewPaperPaint said...

Joi, please forgive me for the tardy response, but I wanted to say how thrilled I am that you shared your talent (and friendship!) with all of us at Anything But Cute. Biggest congrats on this winning number. What a stunner! Hugs, Autumn

Magicomundodecolores said...

Es precioso y me encanta el mensaje que lleva dentro!!!! Es Ud una artista verdaderamente